IWT 8 - Infinite Writing Tournament 8
Deadline - January 2nd, 2012
Here are 20 scifi related themes. You pick the 3 you want to use in your story, though if you want you can certainly use more.
- Alien Invasion
- Ancient Evil Space Horror (or horrors if you wish!)
- Colonization (Alien Planet, Space Station or Underwater)
- Cybernetic Revolt
- Exploration (Space or Alien Planet)
- Galactic Hero (Or Anti-Hero if you prefer)
- Generation/Sleeper Ship (Interstellar Ark)
- Giant Battle Mechs
- Human Enhancement (Cybernetic or genetic)
- Non-Human protagonist (Alien, mutant, robot, hell child sex robot if you want)
- Parallel Worlds
- Post Apocalyptic (Nuclear war, asteroid, plague, ice age, etc)
- Psionic Powers
- Space Warfare (Interstellar, Intergalactic, Interplanetary)
- Stranded (Ship or Planet)
- Time Travel
- Virtual Reality
1 to 10 scale in these 4 categories
- Writing Style
Weight one category that you think is the most important so it will count for double for all stories.
Qualifications - How to Enter
Stories must be at least 20 rooms long to qualify. It can be 19 rooms and be the best thing ever written, but if it isn't 20 it doesn't count. So shove that extra crappy room on there if you must.
Now pay attention because this part is REALLY important.
- If you're interested in participating in the contest then make your announcement clear and post something like "I'm entering this contest." in this thread. This commits you to submit a story.
- If you commit yourself to writing a story and then fail to submit it by the time of the overly generous due date you will suffer SHAME.
- If you submit a story and fail to use three of the twenty above themes you will suffer SHAME. (And be disqualified for not following the rules!)
- If you're already suffering SHAME due to your indecision and flip flopping last contest, this is the time to redeem yourself! Just submit a qualifying story, you don't even need to win and all your SHAME goes away! Of course if you fail to submit something again, then you just suffer even more SHAME and you'll have to try again next contest.
- If you're interested but you're confined to only lurking because you're stuck in limbo and can't post, send a PM to End Master letting me know that you're interesting in joining. (Same SHAME rules apply to you as well)